If you are looking for a way to optimize your technology services, business operations, and efficiency, you have probably heard that outsourcing your IT services to a managed service provider can provide a variety of benefits. At the same time, if you want to put your company in a position to be successful, you must make sure that you do so properly. What are a few of the most important points you need to know about outsourcing your technology needs to a professional service? Learn more below, and do not hesitate to reach out to an expert who can help you.
Why Outsource a Managed Service Provider?
If you are interested in companies that outsource your IT services, it is first important for you to understand what a managed service provider can and cannot do. When you work with a managed service provider, there are different tasks that they can handle, depending on how your contract is structured. Some of the tasks that a managed service provider (MSP) might help you with include:
- They may help you set up your network.
- They can work with you to make sure your individual applications are working properly.
- They can help you set up various types of infrastructure.
- They can help you maintain your cybersecurity.
- An MSP can also provide ongoing support and maintenance, addressing concerns as they arise.
Every company is different, so the services that you require might be different when compared to the services required by another company. When you reach out to a managed service provider, you can structure your relationship with them as you see fit.
You also need to understand the advantage of outsourcing, as you must put yourself in the best position possible to get the most out of this relationship. There are a lot of benefits to outsourcing that you need to know. Some of the top benefits include:
- A Whole New Team: Instead of hiring an individual person to take care of all of your technology needs, you will be hiring an entirely new team. Because you work with an entire team when you partner with an MSP, you get access to a wide range of skills and expertise. They should be able to handle just about everything you throw at them.
- No Need To Pay Benefits: You can also save a significant amount of money if you work with an MSP. For example, you don’t have to worry about paying for dental care, health coverage, or retirement benefits. This could free up the capital you need to purchase new equipment, build a new building, or give your current team members a raise.
- A Bastion of Advice: Even if you do not have an acute concern related to your technology needs, you can still access a tremendous amount of expertise. Your MSP may have connections throughout the industry that you can use to purchase new software and equipment at a lower price.
- No Vacation Time: Finally, you don’t ever have to worry about your managed service provider going on vacation. You know just how frustrating it can be when your in-house IT professional goes on vacation. Even though they have probably earned it, you still need to keep your business operations going. This is not something that you will have to worry about if you decide to partner with a managed service provider.
Ultimately, these are just a few of the many advantages you will enjoy if you decide to outsource your IT needs to an MSP. You should always do as much research as you can to learn about every option available to you. That way, you put yourself in the position to make sure all of your technological needs are taken care of.
The Value of a Managed IT Model
There are a lot of companies looking for IT services, and there is tremendous value to be had from outsourced IT support. IT outsourcing services can provide you with different services that are valuable in different ways. Even though it is important for you to think about outsourcing advantages and disadvantages, there are several valuable elements that outsourcing your IT needs to a professional company can provide. A few examples include:
- You get access to a tremendous amount of knowledge. The vast majority of organizations say that an MSP has a wealth of knowledge that you can use to optimize your technology services.
- In addition, MSPs are incredibly responsive. Even though you may have an in-house technology professional, they probably do not have time to address all of the individual projects, questions, and concerns you have. Instead, you should consider working with a managed service provider, which will give you and your company the support you require.
- When you work with a managed service provider, you get access to a proactive team. What this means is that a strong MSP should work to prevent problems from happening instead of waiting to fix them after they take place. Even though there are some acute needs that might have to be addressed from time to time, being proactive is always better than being reactive.
- Finally, with security issues becoming a bigger part of multiple industries, you need to partner with an MSP that can help you optimize your cybersecurity. For example, your managed service provider could help you set up two-factor authentication and how it can protect your confidential information.
These are just a few of the most valuable aspects you will enjoy if you decide to partner with a managed service provider. It is always better to prevent problems from happening than to fix them after they have already taken place. If you partner with the right managed service provider, you can put your technology team on solid ground moving forward.
What to Look for in a Chief Information Officer
If you are looking for someone to be in charge of your technology operations, you are looking for someone called a Chief Information Officer. This is typically shortened to CIO, and this is an executive who is responsible for overseeing everyone related to your IT department, and IT needs. Your CIO will also be responsible for handling your internal processes, managing your technology, and streamlining your daily operations. The ultimate goal of your CIO is to make sure that you have the necessary products, services, equipment, and people in place to ensure your technological operations proceed smoothly.
You need to make sure you choose the right person, or team, for the job, and there are several factors to consider. Some of the most important aspects you need to look for when you are in search of a CIO include:
- They need to have a strong knowledge base. For example, a CIO should have a tremendous amount of knowledge related to IT strategy, IT management, the Cloud, remote computing, software development, and regulations related to technological privacy and security.
- You also need to hire someone who has plenty of business acumen. After all, they are probably going to be an executive at your company. They need to understand program management, business analysis, business process improvement, and business intelligence.
- You should also hire a CIO who can effectively act as a bridge between two different worlds. Your technology department is not going to be the same as your finance department, but your CIO is going to be responsible for going between the departments. For example, your CIO will have to understand how he or she constructs your technology department to meet the goals of your business. Then, your CIO will also have to talk to your technology team, understanding the equipment they need to make those goals happen. Translating jargon between two departments is not easy, which is why you need to find a CIO with strong communication skills.
- You also need to hire a CIO who understands how to streamline changes and adjustments in the business world. Technology is changing quickly, and you need to stay ahead of the curve if you want to remain in front of your competitors. The right Chief Information Officer should be able to implement change management strategies that can make sure the process moves forward smoothly.
These are a few of the many factors you need to consider if you are looking for a new CIO. The best-managed service providers should be able to fulfill all of these tasks for you. For example, they may communicate closely with your IT department, and they should communicate with your executives as well. You could always pay close attention to managed IT service pricing before you make a final decision, but you next make sure you hire a managed service provider that has an intimate understanding of what your business needs and how they can help you reach those goals. Finding the right CIO could play an important role in this process.
Work on Your Business, Not in It
You have probably spent a lot of time building your business from the ground up, and you have orchestrated a tremendous amount of growth during the past few years. You have a lot of projects that you want to work on, but you don’t want to spend all of your time addressing problems with your internal operations. Therefore, you are probably looking for a way to work on your business instead of in it.
If you want that to happen, you need to outsource your IT needs to a managed service provider. You may have a large internal department, particularly entry-level IT jobs, but every time you take a look at the queue, you see that there are a lot of help desk tickets to be handled.
If you are looking for help with IT help desk outsourcing, you need to work with a managed service provider. It is incredibly convenient for you to take your technological operations and outsource them to an MSP.
There are plenty of tasks that an MSP can handle for you. That way, you can spend more time focusing on your business instead of handling internal issues. Some of the ways that an MSP can help you include the following:
- They can help you address network management issues, making sure that your security is strong.
- A strong MSP can also help you address any email management issues, preventing your inbox from getting cluttered and making sure you can find what matters most.
- If you need new hardware and software, the managed service provider can handle procurement issues for you. That way, you can find the best possible equipment at the lowest price.
- An MSP can also handle remote maintenance and management issues. If you have remote employees, you must make sure they can access the information they need quickly and safely.
- You can enjoy your data backup, and disaster recovery plans are solid.
- A strong managed service provider can also provide you with access to a help desk as well as on-site support.
- If you need help implementing different applications and migrating projects, your MSP can help you.
Clearly, you should consider working with an MSP if you would rather spend time working on your business instead of in it. That is where our team can help you.
Choose Exact IT Consulting
If you are looking for the best IT services provider in the local area, it would be our pleasure to help you. We are Exact IT, and we can help you simplify your business operations by implementing professional solutions. Some of the benefits you will enjoy by working with us include:
- We will take the time to listen to your unique needs and address them accordingly.
- We provide you with responsive threat detection services to keep your business safe.
- We offer remote management services, so you don’t have to worry about waiting for us to arrive on-site to address your issues.
- We are proactive about patching and maintenance to prevent problems from happening with your internal services.
Contact us today to request a consultation. We look forward to working with you.