If you’re looking for a way to improve your business’s communication, you may have thought about switching to a VoIP phone provider; however, what does this mean? A VoIP phone system is a phone network that uses the internet to connect callers instead of relying on traditional phone lines. If you decide to go with a VoIP phone, you will enjoy increased mobility, improved connectivity, and streamlined communications.
What Is a VoIP Phone?
Prior to the development of this communication system, phones relied on private branch exchanges. This was a bulky machine that would handle the routing of every call. That way, every phone call would go to the right location. Now, VoIP phones are capable of exceeding many of the features provided on these older systems. Because these phone systems use the internet, this technology operates using existing computer infrastructure that has already been put in place. In essence, you will use your internet connection to contact other people. You can use the system to make phone calls, receive messages, and enjoy numerous benefits of a traditional phone system while also accessing other features that are only available to VoIP phones.
Similar to traditional phones, you will have multiple options available if you are considering a VoIP phone. Examples include headphones (which you might have seen on people’s desks) and softphones (virtual phones that live on existing devices, such as a computer). You have plenty of options at your disposal, so you can tailor your phones to meet your specific needs. And don’t worry—your phone number will stay the same as before, so you won’t need to update your contact information.
Unlike a traditional phone system, you can access various additional features, including videos and conference calls. You can also answer work calls on your personal mobile phone when you are not in the office.
Making a phone call using a VoIP phone is the same as making any other phone call. All you have to do is pick up the phone, dial the number, and make the call. If you look at a VoIP phone price, you will find it’s less expensive than many of the traditional phone plans you’ve likely used in the past.
This, combined with advanced features such as VoIP caller ID, is one of the biggest reasons why so many people are making the switch to a VoIP phone. Learn more about the benefits of a VoIP phone system below
Benefits of a VoIP Number
If you decide to make the switch to a VoIP phone number, there are numerous benefits you will enjoy. A few of the top benefits include:
- Reduced Infrastructure: By taking advantage of a VoIP phone system, you do not need to worry about assigning desk phones to each employee. You can remove the trip-hazard sea of cords and streamline the infrastructure of your business. This can help you reduce your overhead expenses.
- Use Cellular Data: In the past, your phone system would go offline if you lost power. With a VoIP system, this is no longer an issue. Your phones will remain online because you can access incoming and outgoing calls using your cellular data plan as a backup. The professional team from Exact IT can help you set up a comprehensive VoIP phone system using the cloud.
- Easy Scalability: As your company grows, you may need to add more phone lines. Instead of purchasing new hardware, you can simply create more accounts using your VoIP phone system. This is another way you can save money. Then, if you operate a seasonal business and you need to scale back your phone lines at a later time, you can do this easily as well.
- Simple Integration: Your VoIP phone system needs to integrate well with the other applications you currently have. If you use a traditional phone system, you will have a hard time getting old technology to interact well with the current applications you have. With access to a VoIP system, you can integrate this phone system with your current software applications, streamlining your business.
- More Device Options: You need to tailor the devices your employees use to meet their specific needs. With access to a VoIP system, you will have a wide range of device options available. Your employees will be able to select the devices that work best for them.
- Increased Security: If you use a VoIP system, you will have better device security. As long as you follow all best practices, your VoIP phone system should be more secure than a traditional phone system because routine software updates and patches make a VoIP harder to hack.
- More Features: Finally, you also have access to more features using a VoIP system, including VoIP caller ID lookup. Many of these features come with VoIP free. You can customize these features to meet your specific needs.
Instead of spending money and time on licensing fees and new hardware, take advantage of a cloud-based system. This is a great way to integrate a VoIP system into your business.
VoIP Caller Is Great for Remote Work
Today, there are a lot of people who would prefer to work from home. If you want to attract the most talented employees to your company, you need to give them the ability to work remotely. This is another area where relying on VoIP caller software from the top VoIP companies can be helpful. Using VoIP systems can make it easier for you to implement a remote work policy for several reasons. These include:
- Integrated Video Conferencing: Your employees need to stay in contact with one another—and there will likely be a need for video conferencing. If you take advantage of VoIP systems from Exact IT, you can have an unlimited number of users regardless of the addition you are using and initiate a video conference with a single click. You’ll also have access to a PDF you can upload before meetings, as well as polling tools you can use to collect feedback from the people who participated. There are numerous ways video conferencing makes it easier for your employees to share files and complete projects.
- Added Security: If your employees are working remotely, you may not have control over the security of their home networks. Fortunately, you can look forward to enjoying some of the top security features available with access to Exact IT. This includes automatic failovers for instant backup, more secure web server configurations, and voice traffic that’s encrypted using SRTP.
- Streamlined Windows Applications: Thanks to a versatile Windows application, you can quickly and easily view the statuses of your colleagues and employees, as well as use a drag-and-drop feature to transfer calls between people. This application will also integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Outlook, MSX change, and Internal Phonebook, streamlining your business operations. These features make it much easier for your employees to work remotely.
- Create a Private Cloud: You can also use Exact IT to create a private cloud that you can use to manage all of your data. That way, if you need a secure database that makes it easier for your employees to work from anywhere, they can simply log in to the private cloud you’ve created. This is a great way for you to improve your data management when your employees work remotely.
Ultimately, if you use the best VoIP equipment, including a VoIP phone handset, you will give your employees the ability to work remotely without sacrificing their quality of work. This gives your company the flexibility it needs to attract a pool of talented employees.
Find a VoIP Provider
If you want to take advantage of all of these features, you need to partner with the best USA VoIP providers. Even though you might be able to find a cheap VoIP service, remember that a free VoIP service is only going to get you so far. Furthermore, a cheap IT VoIP service might leave your data vulnerable to hackers. Your VoIP Indiana service will only be as good as the quality of the support you receive. If you are trying to find the best VoIP service providers for you, a few factors you should consider include:
- Reviews and Ratings: What are people saying about that provider? If other people have had a high-quality experience, there’s a good chance you will have a quality experience as well.
- Options: What type of options are available? Are you able to customize your products and services to meet your specific needs?
- Communication: How well does the provider communicate with you? If you have a question or concern, will they get back to you in a timely manner?
- Scalability: If you need to increase or decrease your services, how easy is it for you to do that? Is it a long process? Or, is it easy to change the number of accounts you have?
- Reliability: How reliable is the service? How frequently do the calls drop? Are you able to access all features whenever you want?
If you’re looking for a VoIP provider that can meet your expectations by providing the best services possible, then you should partner with Exact IT. Our services are second to none, and we use a proven process that will deliver the results you expect every time.
We provide a dedicated team that will help you understand the exact phone requirements of your company. Then, we will work with you personally, preparing solutions that have been customized to meet your specific needs.
We also provide ongoing user training, a myriad of features, and access to a reliable help deck that can address any questions or concerns you might have. Our goal is to work with you personally, developing a plan that can help you save money while also providing advanced features that can help you meet the needs of your employees and customers. Contact our team to learn more about how we can help you!