The tech environment is changing, and some businesses are now looking beyond traditional infrastructure setups and into the possibilities of cloud environments. Numerous businesses rely on the internet for their daily operations. Now, it is possible for you to leverage everything the digital world has to offer by investing in cloud hosting. What exactly is cloud hosting, and how do you know if it is right for you? Learn more about cloud hosting below, and reach out to professionals who can help you get the most out of this option.
What Is Cloud Hosting?
Even though you are looking for the best cloud web hosting services, the first thing you need to figure out is, what is cloud hosting?
You probably have a lot of applications and websites that are an integral part of your daily operations. In the past, you probably hosted all of these on your own server. If you make the switch to cloud hosting, that is no longer the case. Instead of hosting your apps and software on a single server, you will host them in the cloud. All you need to do is log into the cloud to access all of your information.
One of the major benefits of cloud hosting is that you can customize your service levels to meet your needs. That way, if you need to expand your services down the road, you don’t have to worry about purchasing new hardware or software. There would be no need to maintain your own servers. For example, you no longer need to have as much bandwidth, storage, or RAM on your physical servers. All you have to do is change your subscription level. This means that your business is more scalable. You can change the way you allocate your resources quickly depending on the individual needs of your application or website.
Similarly, if you need to change the way you allocate your digital resources, you just need to change the way you have your cloud hosting system setup. A managed services company can help you do exactly that, giving you more flexibility. In a business world that changes quickly, this advantage is invaluable.
Even though you might be looking for the cheapest cloud hosting service available, it is more important for you to focus on getting the best value for your money. That’s why you need to think carefully about who you decide to partner with regarding your cloud hosting services. You might even want to go with a managed services company that can walk you through this process.
Cloud Hosting Providers
As you take a look at cloud hosting solutions, it is important for you to select the best one to meet your needs. One of the first things you need to think about is the differences between public vs private cloud hosting.
Private Cloud Hosting: The first option is a private cloud hosting solution. This cloud hosting solution relies on your infrastructure and has a firewall that is physically secured. If you have a large company with a lot of resources, you might require a private cloud. Even though this is a significant financial investment, it often provides a higher level of security. You control your physical security, your encryption, and each individual layer of your cybersecurity. You don’t have to worry about sharing your infrastructure with anyone else.
Public Cloud Hosting: The other option is public cloud hosting. There are a lot of companies that decide to go with a public hosting solution because you no longer have to worry about managing the infrastructure on your own.
There are numerous public cloud providers available, such as Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Public cloud hosting is a significant part of Infrastructure as a Service, or IaaS, and you typically purchase a subscription to one of these plans. Some plans provide a significant degree of flexibility. If you need to change your subscription because you need more resources, you can update your contract relatively easily.
You need to think carefully about which one is right for you. Even though you need to compare web hosting prices, you also need to think about the potential security applications of the cloud solution you choose. If you want to find the best hosting solution to meet your needs, you might want to reach out to a managed services company. They can review the different options with you in detail, helping you select the best one for your purposes. Remember that the right hosting solution for one company is not necessarily the right hosting solution for yours.
Google Cloud Platform Alternative
Google is one of the largest tech companies in the world, so it should come as no surprise that they provide Google Cloud hosting. The Google Cloud platform has become incredibly popular during the past few years because you can purchase plenty of Google Cloud storage at a relatively low cost for your personal needs.
Ultimately, Google is usually better for individual consumers. Even though you might have plenty of space for a single person, Google Cloud is usually not the best option for businesses.
One alternative you might have heard about is Amazon Web Services. This is one of the most popular cloud hosting options for businesses. You can easily scale your plan to match your needs, increasing and decreasing at will. Furthermore, you have access to a wide variety of AWS tools, including elastic load balancing and auto-scaling. This makes your cloud hosting experience more reliable. If you need access to more computing and storage resources, you can upgrade your services easily.
Similar to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure is easily scalable as well. It also has one of the strongest data security systems available, so you know your information will be protected. Microsoft Azure also boasts one of the top uptimes in the industry, with only a minimal number of downtime minutes across all global clients every year. You also have access to a wide variety of simple, effective disaster recovery solutions in the event of a natural disaster.
Keep in mind that Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services are only two of the top alternatives to Google Cloud. You need to compare the benefits and drawbacks of each choice before you decide which one is right for your company. You should count on a managed services provider to help you select the best one for your needs.
Best Web Hosting
If you are looking for the top 10 cloud hosting providers, you have probably realized that there are plenty of options available. When you are looking for the best private cloud providers, it is important for you to go through a cloud hosting services comparison. What are some of the most important factors you need to think about?
If you are looking for a cloud hosting company, some of the most important factors you should consider include:
- Variety of the Services: First, you need to take a look at the services they offer. Of course, you want your cloud hosting company to maximize your uptime; however, can they help you make the transition to the cloud? Do they have connections that can help you save money on hardware and software? Take a look at the services they offer before making a decision.
- Reviews and Ratings from Others: Any company can talk about how amazing their services are; however, it takes a lot to produce numerous positive references. Therefore, if you are looking for a cloud hosting company, take a look at what other people have to say. You might be able to find a few reviews and ratings on third-party websites. Make sure you take a close look at the details. That way, you can separate the real reviews from the fake ones.
- Value for the Money: You should also take a look at the value you get for the price you pay. You do not want to pay for things you don’t need, so take a look at whether you can customize your services. Then, take a look at the price of their services compared to others in the industry. That way, you make sure you aren’t overpaying.
- Any Contracts You Might Need To Sign: If you find the best cloud hosting services available, there is a good chance your business will expand. As a result, you might need to expand your hosting service as well. If you need to make a change to your services, how easy is it to do so? What is the structure of the contract? Prioritize your flexibility when you are trying to find a cloud hosting provider.
Clearly, there are a lot of factors you need to think about if you are looking for a web hosting company. Making the switch to cloud hosting is a significant step, and you need to find not only a cloud hosting company but also a partner who will be with you every step of the way. That way, you can make sure you get the most out of your services.
Managed Cloud Hosting
Clearly, there are a lot of things you should keep in mind if you are looking for someone who can help you with web hosting; however, do not forget to rely on cloud hosting if you really want to separate yourself from the competition. If you rely on a managed cloud hosting platform, you can free up your resources to focus on other areas of your business without sacrificing the quality of your digital connection.
If you go with managed cloud hosting from a professional provider, there are several benefits you will enjoy. They include:
- Less Time Spent on Your Hosting: You might have been taking care of your own hosting needs for a long time; however, a professional company can handle this more quickly and with fewer obstacles. If you want to streamline your hosting situation, you should rely on managed hosting providers who can help you.
- Improved Web Security: Countless companies depend on the internet for their daily operations. Even though the digital world can be a powerful place, hackers have discovered the same thing. Therefore, you have to protect yourself by investing in improved security that comes from the best managed web hosting provider available.
- Less Downtime: When you depend on the internet for your daily operations, going down for even a few seconds can be extremely costly. If you want to maximize your uptime, you need to rely on a managed hosting company to handle your cloud operations.
- Reduced Overhead Expenses: It is true that you will have to compensate a managed hosting company for taking care of your cloud hosting needs; however, this will actually save you money in the long run. Because you will have fewer acute issues with your hosting services, you won’t be reaching out to a professional IT company as much. Furthermore, a managed hosting company can handle all of your routine maintenance for you, further reducing issues you might otherwise experience.
When it comes to the best web hosting provider, look no further than Exact IT. At Exact IT, we have a long and impressive track record of helping clients across multiple industries with all of their cloud hosting needs. It would be our pleasure to help you stay on the cutting edge of the field by getting you set up with the best cloud hosting options available. If you would like to learn more about how we can assist you, please contact us today!